We have sinned with our fathers,
We have committed iniquity,
We have done wickedly. Psalm 106:6 (NKJV)
Oh, what a year! People will always remember 2020 as the year of COVID19, the coronavirus, quarantines, masks, closures… although we won’t want to remember it because of all the deaths, fear, loneliness, rules, and missed events. We all wonder why this had to happen. Yet, when we search God’s Word we find so many relevant verses.
Psalm 106 is one that speaks to our current situation, summing up our nation and world’s troubles, “We have sinned…we have committed iniquity…” (Ps. 106:6). Psalm 106 goes on to list all those sins from so long ago. Can we see all these in our country today?…
- We did not understand God’s wonders (Ps. 106:7)
- We did not remember the multitude of God’s mercies (Ps. 106:7)
- We rebelled (Ps. 106:7)
- We forgot His works (Ps. 106:13)
- We did not wait for His counsel (Ps. 106:13)
- We lusted (Ps. 106:14)
- We tested God (Ps. 106:14)
- We envied our leaders (Ps. 106:16)
- We made idols and worshiped them (Ps. 106:19)
- We forgot God our Savior (Ps. 106:21)
- We despised the pleasant land (Ps. 106:24)
- We did not believe God’s Word (Ps. 106:24)
- We joined ourselves to the devil (Ps. 106:28)
- We rebelled against His Spirit (Ps. 106:33)
- We did not destroy God’s enemies (Ps. 106:34)
- We followed the way of unbelievers (Ps. 106:35)
- We served our idols (Ps. 106:36)
- We sacrificed our children (Ps. 106:37)
- We shed innocent blood (Ps. 106:38)
- We defiled ourselves and played the harlot (Ps. 106:39)
Is it no wonder the plague broke out among us? (Ps. 106:29). What can we do? We can intervene like Phinehas (Ps. 106:30) and stand in the breach like Moses (Ps. 106:23) so God’s wrath is turned away. We must pray for our country, for our neighbors, for our families. Pray for God to send a revival across this land.
Righteousness exalts a nation,
But sin is a reproach to any people. Proverbs 14:34 (NKJV)
There is HOPE, my dear friends. We have the HOPE found in Jesus Christ. Because of His saving work on the cross, all who believe in Him are rescued from this crazy world (John 3:16). Jesus died for every sin listed above and for all the others, too. Let’s pray for our nation to turn to Jesus! And God will hear our cries (Ps. 106:44)
Today’s TEA CUPP: Read and pray Psalm 106. Repent, turn to God. Ask His forgiveness through Jesus Christ for yourself and for our country. Turn over a new leaf this fall. Let’s give everyone something NEW to remember about 2020…the year of REVIVAL! Pray for our nation daily. Forgive us, O Lord.
For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death. 2 Corinthians 7:10 (NKJV)
May this be THE GREAT REVIVAL, the last great revival before Jesus’ return, where many new hearts are brought into His Kingdom to welcome His coming. Will you join me in fasting for the next 7 Tuesdays, though the USA election on November 3, 2020? Our country needs our prayers now as much as ever. Check out this event happening in the coming days… https://thereturn.org/
Save us, O Lord our God,
And gather us from among the Gentiles,
To give thanks to Your holy name,
To triumph in Your praise.
Blessed be the Lord God of Israel
From everlasting to everlasting!
And let all the people say, “Amen!” Psalm 106:47-48 (NKJV)
Praise the Lord! Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Psalm 106:1 (NKJV)
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982