But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Matthew 6:33 (NKJV)
My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord;
In the morning I will direct it to You,
And I will look up. Psalm 5:3 (NKJV)
My dear Tea Cupp friends, today I want to encourage you to have TEA with Jesus first thing in the morning, as the sun is rising. I know days get hectic, and some mornings the baby wakes up sick, and all kinds of other events clutter the morning hours. But we are better armed for the battle, if most days we start by meeting Jesus for a quiet cup of tea.
Can you set the alarm a half hour early? Don’t check your smart phone or the the news. Just heat the tea kettle, pour yourself a hot drink, and curl up on the sofa with your Bible and mug. Here you will find the Word you need for the day. Here you will find strength for whatever you face. Here you will find grace and mercy and joy and peace and wisdom and power and…….we find it all at the foot of Jesus’ cross, in God’s Word, the Bible, in the whisperings of the Holy Spirit.
There are so many benefits to having a quiet time with Jesus at the beginning of each day. Here are a few…
- Jesus is First! We always want our priorities to match our lives and vice versa. If we really want Jesus to be first in our lives and hearts, we have to put Him first each day. Give your Best Friend the start of your day!
- Before the chaos. We know how the unexpected can happen every day. The phone rings with bad news, or maybe it is good https://onhealthy.net/product/lexapro/ news that takes time to relate. The washing machine overflows. There is a knock at the door. So many things can happen as the day goes on. Meet with Jesus early before the chaos of the day.
- A fresh start. If you’re like me, there is always something from yesterday that needs forgiving, a wrong thought, a wrong word, impatience, etc. Ask Jesus for forgiveness and strength for the new day. Maybe this day will go better!
- Marching orders for today. It’s sure good to get directions for the day, before it begins. If Jesus has a special calling for you, you’d like to know so you can be ready. Sometimes He reminds me to text a friend or pray for a family member. Other times there is a bigger call. Keep a notebook handy to jot down any messages.
- Leave your worries with Jesus. Perhaps you couldn’t sleep last night because you were worried. Don’t let those worries ruin your day. Pour out your heart to Jesus and leave those worries with Him. Petition the Lord for all on your prayer list. Know that God has you covered today.
Today’s TEA CUPP: Come, come sit at His feet this morning. Pour a cup of tea. Start your day with Jesus.
Ho! Everyone who thirsts,
Come to the waters… Isaiah 55:1 (NKJV)
On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” John 7:37-38 (NKJV)
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson.