From the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah who perished between the altar and the temple. Yes, I say to you, it shall be required of this generation. Luke 11:51 (NKJV)
- He is our Alpha and Omega,
- our Beginning and End.
- He’s our A and our Z,
- Our Savior and our Friend.
- From Abel to Zechariah
- His salvation was proclaimed.
- And so we must lift up
- His Holy Name.
A few of you may remember in Mom’s TEA CUPP Prayers how we exalted Jesus with names for Him using all the letters of the alphabet… Alive, Bread, Christ, Divine, Emmanuel… etc. Since Mom’s went to press, I’ve found many more words for our Lord from A to Z. Maybe I’ll have the opportunity to publish a second edition with a complete list!
Today, the Lord has me on a new quest, to find words which mean “to praise” and “to exalt” our Father and Lord Jesus from A to Z. Perhaps you can help me complete my list!
- A is for Adore
- B is for Beautify, Behold, Believe, Bless
- C is for Celebrate, Cherish, Cling to
- D is for Dance for, Dedicate, Defend, Delight in, Desire, Devote
- E is for Elevate, Embrace, Esteem
- F is for Fancy
- G is for Glorify
- H is for Hallow, Hail, Hold dear, Honor
- I is for Increase
- J is for
- K is for
- L is for Laud, Lift up, Lionize, Love
- M is for Magnify, Marvel at
- N is for
- O is for Ordain
- P is for Praise, Prize, Proclaim
- Q is for Quicken
- R is for Raise, Rejoice in, Respect, Revere
- S is for Sanctify, Shout, Sing
- T is for Thank, Treasure, Trust
- U is for Uphold, Uplift, Upraise
- V is for Value, Venerate, Visualize
- W is for Watch, Welcome, Witness, Worship
- X is for eXalt, eXclaim, eXtol
- Y is for
- Z is for
Today’s TEA CUPP: Can you help me exalt our Lord and Savior? What words will you add to this ABC praise list? Write an exaltation prayer in your journal today. Glorify the Lord with me!
Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
And let us exalt His name together. Psalm 34:3 (NKJV)
Scripture from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson.