The words of the Lord are pure words,
Like silver tried in a furnace of earth,
Purified seven times. Psalm 12:6 (NKJV)
Again and again I want to share with you how you can use Bible verses, God’s Word, to pray to Him. That’s what My TEA CUPP Prayers is all about, sitting down with Jesus for a CUPP of TEA every day, reading His Word to let Him speak first, underlining your favorite verses, then using those verses as conversation starters as you pour out your heart to the Lord. All you need is a Bible. You don’t need my book or this website or anything else, just God’s Word.
So, please sit down with Jesus right now and open your Bible. Here are some verses to get you excited about reading His Word:
1) The Bible, God’s Word, comes from God and is meant for us to study and learn:
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16 (NKJV)
2) God’s Word is so powerful! It’s alive! It’s sharper than any knife or sword, digging into the deep parts of our hearts and souls:
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12 (NKJV)
3) God’s Word is forever and ever and never changes:
For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Matthew 5:18 (NKJV)
…The grass withers,
And its flower falls away,
But the word of the Lord endures forever. 1 Peter http://xanaxonlinebuy.com 1:24-25 (NKJV)
4) God promises to put His Word in your mind and write it on your heart and you will be His!
…I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. Hebrews 8:10 (NKJV)
5) We should learn and memorize as many verses as we can. Then we won’t wander off God’s path into bad situations.
Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You. Psalm 119:11 (NKJV)
6) If we keep God’s Word in our hearts, we will know God’s will, and can ask anything in His Name:
If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. John 15:7 (NKJV)
7) And when we have verses saved up in our hearts, we can start a conversation with Jesus from anywhere, pouring out our hearts, petitioning for our loved ones. We can even use a verse like Psalm 28:9 to give us creative ways to pray for family members, instead of just saying, “bless.”
Save Your people,
And bless Your inheritance;
Shepherd them also,
And bear them up forever. Psalm 28:9 (NKJV)
Today’s TEA CUPP: Hide God’s Word in your heart today! Write a verse in your prayer journal to remember each week. Use these verses to pray. For example, using Psalm 28:9, I could pray, “Save my loved ones (list by name), bless our children (list by name), shepherd them also (in these specific situations), and bear with me (and all my faults) forever!” Give it a try with your own favorite verses and keep putting God’s Word in your heart!
...Your word is truth. John 17:17 (NKJV)
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson.