For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother.”
Matthew 12:50 (NKJV)
For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother.” Mark 3:35 (NKJV)
Last week my family had a reunion to celebrate the 50th anniversary of my parents. My sister and three brothers and their families all journeyed to Montana for this gala event. Karen, my big sister, spent two days decorating the perfect cake with fondant. Reid, my big brother, figured out all the financial arrangements for the party. Scott, my younger brother, created a slide show masterpiece of the past 50 years, and led a special program for our Mom and Dad. George, my youngest brother, planned an amazing excursion over the Beartooth Highway and into Yellowstone. They were assisted by spouses, Lennie, Carmen, Kent and Cheryl, and grandchildren, Nathan, Emily, Bess, Kallie, Jacob and Kevin, who cooked, decorated, and jumped in wherever else was needed. What a happy occasion with my Mom and Dad!
During the family reunion, as I was having my daily TEA with Jesus, I came across these identical verses from Matthew and Mark: “Whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.” This caused me to imagine the great family reunion we will have some day in heaven with all believers. All who believe in Jesus will be there and be my brother and sister and mother. It is the desire of my heart that all my earthly family know Jesus, so they will be there with me. And it is the joy of my heart to count all believers as my heavenly family.
I believe all Jesus’ promises. He says that He is coming soon (Revelation 3:11). He says we should be ready (Matthew 24:44). He says we will meet Him in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:17). He says we will have eternal life with Him (John 3:16).
So, let’s get ready for Jesus’ Family Reunion in heaven by digging into God’s Word and having TEA with Jesus each day…
- Thank Him for all your earthly blessings and the promise of heaven (Psalm 136:3)
- Exalt Him for being your Savior (Psalm 145:3)
- Admit your sins and be washed and ready for the reunion (Psalm 19:12)
- Call – discern God’s call for you and make plans for the trip (Micah 6:8)
- Understand your story and tell others the Good News (Luke 2:30-32)
- Promises – claim God’s promise of heaven and strength for each day (John 5:24)
- Petition – pour out your heart to Jesus of all your worries until He comes (Psalm 62:8)
and let’s meet at that BIG family reunion in heaven!!!