So teach us to number our days,
That we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12 (NKJV)
Hello, dear TEA Friends! Thank you for inviting me to your next ladies’ gathering. To make your event a success, I put together this short event planner to help you. I’m praying for you as you plan for your special day!
3-6 months in advance of your TEA:
- Pick a date and book the date with Jennifer Grace (be sure to check for other community events, weddings, etc. happening that day in your town. Pick a date that works for most people).
- Recruit your committee. Be sure to include the chairperson (keeps everyone moving forward on their tasks, plans schedule, stays in touch with Jennifer Grace), prayer coordinator (encourages congregation to pray for the event), music (plans and coordinates music for event), decorations (plans a happy tea party atmosphere, one idea is to have different ladies each host a table with their fancy china), refreshments (plans menu, perhaps a potluck or simple tea and cookies), publicity (newspaper, facebook, posters, invitations to other churches, etc.), facilities/sound (set-up of gathering area, along with sound system/AV).
2-4 months before your TEA:
- Confirm your date with Jennifer Grace.
- Meet with committee to see how they are progressing on their projects (prayer coordinator, music, decorations, refreshments, publicity, facilities) . Who needs help?
1-2 months before your TEA:
- Meet with the committee. Finalize all details (prayer coordinator, music, decorations, refreshments, publicity, facilities) and tasks for each person. Make sure they each have a good team to help them.
- Check in with Jennifer Grace to let her know how you are doing.
1 week before your TEA:
- Meet with your committee. Check all the details (prayer coordinator, music, decorations, refreshments, publicity, facilities). Encourage ladies to bring friends.
Day of the TEA:
- Pray! Glorify Jesus for this special day!
Sample Schedules from other TEAS:
- 5:00 Worship Music in Sanctuary
- 5:15 Guest Speaker: Jennifer Grace
- 6:00 Potluck in Fellowship Hall on fancy tables
- 2:00 Tea welcome and etiquette
- 2:10 Tea games
- 2:25 Tea party with door prizes and conversation starters
- 3:20 Guest speaker: Jennifer Grace
- 3:50 Wrap-up and Prayer
- 10:00 Gathering and welcome
- 10:15 Tea and cookies
- 10:30 Guest speaker: Jennifer Grace
- 11:30 Prayers and good-byes
MOPS Tea Party:
- 9:00 Brunch and fellowship and announcements
- 9:30 Guest Speaker: Jennifer Grace
- 10:15 Craft: Modge Podge Prayer Journals
- 11:00 Closing Prayer and Good-byes
As we pray for this special TEA event, here are some of my prayers…
- For Jesus to be glorified!
- For God to send the exact ladies He wants there.
- For Jesus to strengthen and guide the event chairperson.
- For the Lord to give me (Jennifer Grace) the words He wants me to share.
- For the Holy Spirit to fill your church or gathering area.
- For lives to be transformed by Jesus and His Word with ladies spending time with Him each day in prayer.
- For God’s hand of protection over the entire event.
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:20 (NKJV)
Scripture from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson.