Little sleep at night, constant feedings and diaper changes during the day, a sweet new baby to rock and hold…how is there time for a TEA CUPP with Jesus?
The past few months I’ve been working on keeping MY TEA CUPP Prayers a part of my daily routine, even with the blessing of a brand new baby. Perhaps this is why the Lord waited 11 years to send us this sweet boy, because He knew a baby would take my time away from Him.
Here are some tips God has given me for having my quiet TEA time with Jesus AND our new baby:
* Read my Bible during baby’s first feeding of the day and let Jesus talk to me.
* Instead of “drinking” the whole TEA CUPP in one day, I pray one part each day… T for Thanks on Sunday, E for Exalt on Monday, A for Admit on Tuesday, C for Call on Wednesday, U for Understand on Thursday, P for Promises on Friday, and P for Petitions on Saturday.
* I keep My TEA CUPP book mark handy with prayer needs, so I can pray for other prayer requests during later baby feeding times each day. I don’t try to journal all my prayers right now, since it is hard to write while nursing.
* I pray hymns to Jesus while singing to my baby.
T – I Will Enter His Gates with Thanksgiving in My Heart (Gwen R. Shaw)
E – We Exalt Thee (based on Psalm 97:9) (Pete Sanchez)
A – Create in me a Clean Heart, O God
C – Make me a Servant
U – I Love to Tell the Story (by Katherine Hankey)
P – Standing on the Promises (by R. Kelso Carter)
P – Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing (by Robert Robinson)
* During diaper changes and when my baby sees me reading my Bible, I sing to him The B-I-B-L-E, Jesus Loves Me, and Jesus Loves the Little Children. It’s never too early to plant God’s Word in the hearts of our children.
* Following this routine truly keeps me praying without ceasing. Sometimes I finally finish my prayer list at night, only to begin it again the next morning. I am sipping TEA with Jesus all day long
Today’s TEA CUPP: How can you fit a quiet prayer time with Jesus into your day? Make plans now for having TEA with Jesus, even if you are a busy mom. You will be blessed!