I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy.
Philippians 1:3-4 (NIV)
Do you have sweet memories of sharing tea with friends? I have this vague memory of childhood, looking at my mom’s dining room. The table was laid with a pretty cloth (was it blue or yellow, or perhaps flowered?). Places were set with her best china tea cups and saucers, plates for goodies, silver forks and spoons. Mom’s tea pot was ready for filling, and the cream pitcher and sugar bowl waited eagerly on the table for guests to arrive. What a beautiful picture! My mom invited some ladies over and treated them to a special afternoon. I can’t remember the party itself, Mom strategically planned it for while I was at school.
These parties must be a thing of the past as more ladies work and are busy during the day. But the gift of tea and friendship continues. Whenever we have moved to a new town, the Lord has blessed me with friends who offer me tea. Bless you, my good neighbors! —
- Judy in Iowa who welcomed us by borrowing a cup of sugar. What a great way to make us feel needed in the neighborhood!
- Charla in Ohio who brought me a cool drink on a hot summer day, as we watched our kids play in her backyard, even though I said, “I’m fine.” She gave me the icy glass and said, “I didn’t listen.” Boy, did that taste good!
- Prudy in Ohio who let me interrupt her busy morning just because I was lonely. The kids would play with the wooden train set while we drank tea or just chatted.
- Nancy in Montana who knew I was lonely and always told me to stop by for tea. And when I did stop by, she gave me more than just tea, but filled me with God’s Word.
- Lisa in Montana who opened her home to me each week and always filled me with tea and gave me her listening ear.
What a blessing these ladies are! How I associate tea with comfort and friendship. Can we resurrect these parties of the past with a new twist, My TEA CUPP Prayers?
Get together with a friend today…Jesus…and share your prayers. Get together with a neighbor today…and share Jesus. God bless you and enjoy your TEA CUPP today.